Address: Mailing Address
Email: [email protected]
Who we are:
The Wildlife Information Center is a non-profit conservation organization located in Slatington, PA, at the foot of the Kittatinny Ridge. Our mission is to preserve wildlife and habitat through conservation, education, and research for the benefit of the earth and all its inhabitants.
We believe in the power of the citizen activist. We believe in the wisdom of the citizen scientist. We believe that knowledge and understanding build compassion. We believe concerned people working together can make a difference.
Conservation is our driving goal. All of our programs are directed towards conservation. Research and education are means to that end. We have two major initiatives under way:
- The Kittatinny Raptor Corridor Project – A program to promote biological diversity in this important corridor through research and education. This is the overarching umbrella under which all of our programs fall.
- The Lehigh Gap Restoration Project – A program to acquire and restore an environmentally degraded section of the Kittatinny Ridge. An opportunity to apply innovative methods to obtain a long-term ecologically viable recovery.
The Center runs a host of activities to educate and promote public awareness of the wildlife we co-exist with and the environment we share with them. These programs include:
- Wildlife Activist and American Hawkwatcher – Our publications.
- Hawkfest – An annual event to introduce the public to raptors.
- Youth Ecologist’s Summer Camp – A camp for young students to study ecology.
The Center runs several research programs designed to monitor the health of the environment and the wildlife in the Bake Oven Knob area. For more information on any of these programs, see our Research Programs page
- Red-tailed Hawk Migration Study
- Bake Oven Knob Autumn Hawk Watch
- Bake Oven Knob Area Winter Bird Survey
- Lehigh Valley Park Lands Biodiversity Project
- Kittatinny Raptor Corridor Backyard Habitat Project
- Bake Oven Knob Area Bluebird Nestbox Survey
Become a Member
The Wildlife Information Center is a member-run organization. Join us as we improve our corner of the earth. Membership information….